LINX Bottleless Water Cooler and LINX Cooler Module
LINX Bottleless Water Coolers
With patented regeneration technology providing safe hot & cold drinking water when you need it without the messy bottles to store or exchange. Read more.
LINX Bottleless Water Cooler
The LINX Bottleless Water Cooler employs an ion exchange process that uses electricity rather than chemicals for operation. This allows the LINX Bottleless Water Cooler to clean itself through a regeneration process saving you the stress of storing and exchanging those enormous water bottles. LINX technology does not release chemicals into the environment and it conserves water compared to traditional reverse osmosis drinking water systems that provide similar water quality. The LINX Water Cooler is also self-regulating so you don’t need to worry about changing the filters — your authorized dealer will do that for you.
LINX Water Cooler features include:
- Fifty patents representing the most significant improvement in water filtration in the past 60 years.
- Safe clean water: the LINX three filter system includes a sediment filter that reduces suspended solids or cloudiness, the LINX TDS Cartridge – WQA certified under NSF standards to remove more nitrates and nitrites than a traditional reverse osmosis filter and the post carbon filter for reducing volatile organic compounds such as chlorine and benzene. Read more.
- Ion regeneration: a unique cleaning process that maintains the quality of your drinking water and automatically cleans your cartridges meaning you don’t have to swap out any bottles or worry about the quality of your water.
- Mineral adjustment setting allows your authorized dealer to turn up or down the mineral content of your water, depending on your taste preference.
- Instant hot and cold water
- LINX intelligence tells your authorized dealer how much water has been used and when the filters need changing.
- Water savings of more than 90% on your filtered drinking water compared to traditional reverse osmosis filters used under typical household conditions.*
- Limited Life Time Warranty for the system excluding the components below.
- The LINX TDS reduction cartridges are warranted to produced 650 gallons of treated water each.
- Drain valves are warranted for 3 years on soft water and 1 year on hard water.
- Feed valves are warranted for 3 years.
- The power supply and electrodes will be warranted for a period of 3 years.
- This warranty does not cover the disposable Sediment and/or Carbon Filters whose life depends on feed water conditions.
*Independent laboratory tests by Van Newenhizen show that R.O. filters, when used in typical household conditions of 40 PSI at 40° require 96 gallons of water to produce 4 gallons of drinking water whereas the LINX system requires just over 5.5 gallons.
LINX Cooler Module Specifications:
The LINX Cooler Module employs an ion exchange process that uses electricity rather than chemicals for operation. LINX technology does not release chemicals to the environment and it conserves water compared to other drinking water systems that provide similar water quality.
The LINX Cooler Module specifications as as follows:
|Feed Water Quality:||Potable water with maximum TDS of 1000 ppm for LINX 140T system, <20 grains of hardness (340 ppm hardness as CaCO3), pH 4 – 10; microbiologically safe|
|Feed Water Pressure:||20-100 psi (130-690 kPa)|
|Feed Water and Operating Temperature:||33-100˚F (1-40˚C)|
|Operation Mode:||Parallel LINX cell deionization; water is available during regeneration|
|Regeneration:||34 minutes (17 minutes each cell)|
|TDS Rejection* (Maximum Dial):||≥85% TDS reduction|
|LINX System Water Output Flow Rate:||0-600 ppm TDS feed: 0.5 gpm at ≥t40 psi|
|600-800 ppm:||0.25 gpm (see Replacement Parts list for flow restrictor)|
|LINX 140T System with tank only:||800-1000 ppm: 0.15 gpm to fill tank|
|LINX 140T Tank Flow Rate to Faucet:||1.0 gpm, maximum|
|Water Output Volume per Cycle:||0-400 ppm TDS feed: 3.0 gallons per 34 minute regeneration cycle|
400-1000 ppm TDS feed: 1.5 gallons per 34 minute regeneration cycle
|Rated Capacity**:||3 gallons/cycle|
|Rated Life***:||650 gallons for LINX 100 Sediment and LINX 100 or 110 Carbon filters|
1300 gallons for two (2) LINX 100 TDS cartridges
|Warranted Water Output per Day:||≤25 gallons (if product exceeds 25 gallons per day on average, the warranty is no longer valid)|
|Water Recovery:||0-400 ppm TDS feed: 70%; 401-1000 ppm TDS feed: 55%|
|Operating Voltage, Current:||100-120 Vac, 50/60 Hz, 6 A|
*TDS reduction was tested and verified at an independent laboratory: Pace Analytical Services, Inc.
**Each unique model designation shall not claim a capacity or service life greater than the least reduction capacity or service life that has been verified through testing to NSF/ANSI 53.
***The rated lives of LINX 100 TDS cartridges and Sediment/Carbon filters is based on extensive testing by the manufacturer.
The LINX 140T Drinking Water Systems conform to NSF/ANSI 53 for nitrate/nitrite reduction as verified and substantiated by test data.
LINX Cooler Module better at reducing nitrates/nitrites than R.O. filters
The LINX Cooler Module has been certified by WQA using NSF/ANSI Standard testing to reduce Nitrates by 90.5% and Nitrites by 86%. These reduction levels are far superior than traditional reverse osmosis filters.
Besides Nitrates and Nitrites, Pace Laboratories has also conducted independent tests that show the LINX Cooler Module greatly reduces the following contaminants: Arsenic V, Chromium VI, Copper, Fluoride and Lead among others. For a complete list of contaminant reduction as tested by Pace Laboratories see table below.
Summary of Contaminant Reductions using the NSF/ANSI 53 Standard
- Flow rate: 0.45 gpm, 3 gallon service cycle, 70% recovery
- All tests were performed according to NSF/ANSI Standard 53, low pH (6.5) except for fluoride (pH=7.3)
- Two LINX 140T systems tested. Poorest results from the two sets of data are reported.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 53 – 2009 Low pH Copper Reduction
- ANSI/NSF 53-2009 Low pH Arsenic V Reduction
- NSF/ANSI Standard 53- 2009 Low pH Lead Reduction
- NSF/ANSI Standard 53 – 2009 Low pH Selenium Reduction
- ANSI/NSF 53-2009 Fluoride Reduction
- NSF/ANSI Standard 53- 2009 Low pH Barium Reduction
- NSF/ANSI Standard 53- 2009 Low pH Cd Reduction
- Modified NSF/ANSI 42-2009 TDS Reduction
- NSF/ANSI Standard 53- 2009 Hexavalent Chromium Reduction
The LINX Cooler Module Drinking Water System includes:
The LINX Cooler Module: provides clean hot and cold water without the clutter of bottles.
One LINX 100 Sediment pre-filter, with a rated life of 650 gallons*
Two LINX 100 TDS cartridges to reduce nitrate/nitrite contaminants for healthier water and other total dissolved solids (TDS) for better taste.
Comes with a rated life of 1300 gallons for two (2) LINX 100 TDS cartridges
One LINX 100 or 110 Carbon post-filter (GAC), with a rated life of 650 gallons*
*The rated lives of LINX 100 TDS cartridges and Sediment/Carbon filters is based on extensive testing by the manufacturer.